Hey guys! I’m back with a new FabFitFun box experience. As you may know, I decided to try out the well-known subscription that is FabFitFun because I kept hearing about it, and, well, I snagged up the first time subscriber deal which saved me money. I’ve heard that sometimes subscription boxes will treat their new customers with priority, in an effort to get them hooked, and then the boxes begin to decline with time. Now, this is only my second box (they are quarterly), but I wanted to hold on for a second box because, 1. it is exciting to get a mysterious box of items, and 2. I wanted to see if I got less quality items (or leftovers) being a regular subscriber and not a new, first timer.
I have the basic membership, where I get to select three items that go into my box. There is one that allows you to customize your box more, and you get to begin customizing earlier than others, but that requires you to commit to the full year and pay for the year’s worth of boxes (with a $20 discount). Honestly, that is a pretty good deal if you plan to stick with the FabFitFun box long term.
For the experiment, I didn’t want to have the option to customize too much. That takes away from the fun of being surprised, and it doesn’t help me to see if I’m getting the “leftovers.”
Here is what I received in my Summer 2020 FabFitFun box. I’ll give you some close ups in just a minute. Like I said, I got to choose three items, so I chose the yellow and white striped bag, the straw handbag with the scarf, and the Toms sunglass (which I happen to be wearing as I sit on my back porch and write this). The rest of the items are chosen by the FabFitFun team. I think they curate a few different boxes when they prepare for a new season, and then they just exchange out the items chosen by the subscriber. For example, a beauty box, filled with makeup, lotion, hair products, and then just substitute the items chosen, or a house box with dishes, scent diffuser, etc. I could be wrong, but I don’t think I am.
Anyways, back to the good stuff. As always, I will list the items and the listed price for these items (according to the magazine that is supplied in the box). The quarterly cost of the box is $50 (plus tax). Keep that in mind for the end.
Starting with the items I chose. A quick note, when choosing your three items, you are given a choice between 4-6 items. You choose an item from the ones presented, then a new set of items are presented, and you do the same for the three choices. You don’t get to look at all the items for the box and choose what three you want. (That would be pretty cool.)
- Draper James Straw Bag with Floral Scarf $75 – The scarf can also be taken off and used in your hair or tied around your neck. Fun! This bag is lined inside with a matching blue fabric. This was one of those best of the six items present pick. I didn’t need the other items that were of the pick, and so I went with this because it would be a good spring/summer bag to tote around at the farmer’s market or down on the boardwalk by the beach.
- Business & Pleasure Co. Cooler Bag $59 – This was the ONE item I knew I wanted. When it was my turn to pick I was hoping it was still available, and thankfully it was! I first saw this bag on the FabFitFun Instagram, and I just loved the colors. The bag isn’t too big. I think will it fit a decent amount of food and drink for a couple of people to go out and have lunch outside. Maybe even more. I’m excited to pack up some snacks in here and head out somewhere fun with the kids. Maybe a road trip, maybe a day at the lake…I don’t know because the possibilities are endless.
- TOMS Sydney Sunglasses $58 – I chose these because they looked fun. I do have a favorite pair of sunglasses that I usually wear, but these are a fun addition, especially when I want to add some sass to my look. The lenses themselves are a greenish hue, which is interesting, but the glasses are of really good quality. TOMS is a great company to purchase from because they give back to people. Right now, 1/3 of their net profits are donated to the COVID 19 Global Fund, and they’ve been known to do other things like giving shoes to people in need and helping people with eye surgeries and other sight-related issues that they wouldn’t have been able to afford. Plus, their online shopping for sunglasses is legit. They have a chart for each pair of glasses that shows what face shapes would go best with those particular glasses. Now that’s something I like because face shape matters when picking out a pair of glasses.
Now, the items I didn’t choose. I’m gonna be real (as always) and let you know that when I first opened the box, I was wanting some bigger stuff. When I saw the three small beauty items, I was like, “oh.” BUT – once I actually took the stuff out and looked at it, I was like, “YES! The universe new exactly what I needed.” This box really is filled with things I needed, but probably would have kept putting off to buy. Also, when I look at the included magazine that has all the possible items for this month’s box, I feel that I really did get the best things for me. Ok, there is ONE thing I would have gotten, and that is this expensive face oil, but I had to chose the cooler over that, and that tells you how important the cooler was to me over that face oil, lol.
- WINKY LUX Uni-Brow Universal Eyebrow Pencil $16 – This eyebrow pencil is really, really nice. It applies so smoothly, has a little spooly at the other end to brush the brows, and looks great. My brow pencil was running low, and I kept thinking I needed to order a new one, and here you go!
- MakeupDrop Hybrid Makeup Applicator $20 – We all know what this is. It’s your typical makeup sponge, but with a silicone side. Honestly, I don’t like the silicone part, but I’ve never liked those silicone squishy sponges either. I find they just push the makeup around your skin’s surface. I do like the rest of the sponge though, and it too came at the perfect time. I had been cleaning my original makeup sponge days before the box arrived, and I got a little rough with it and caused a small tear. Not the end of the world, but definitely not the best thing. Thank you FabFitFun for solving my problem.
- Spongellé Coconut Verbena Hand Cream $18 – I’ve never heard of this brand until my first FabFitFun box when I received one of their soap infused sponges for the shower. Now I feel like I’m addicted to this brand. Coconut verbena is such a delicious scent, and this lotion is quality stuff. I like to lotion up my hands at night, so I keep this on my night stand. What a great scent to fall asleep to.
- Silked Satin Pillow Sleeve $29.50 – This isn’t quite a pillow case, but a sleeve that goes over the pillow to help reduce frizz in the hair while sleeping. I say this box had what I needed, but wouldn’t buy because I had been looking at silk pillowcases for my wavy/loose curls hair weeks prior to the arrival of this box, but I gave up when I saw the price of them. I haven’t used this yet, but I am very interested to see how my hair benefits.
- Isaac Mizrahi Loves xo, Sienna Vase $28 – This vase is so pretty, and so my aesthetic. I have one flower vase in my house, but I can never find it. It’s just a generic cylinder glass vase that you can get with your flowers at the store. I usually just use jars, which is great too, but I really like this vase I received. I makes me feel like I’ve got my life together a little bit more. I love putting flowers in the house, so why not have a nice vase to put them in?
There you go! That is everything I received in my Summer 2020 FabFitFun box. Like I said at the beginning, I paid $50 for this box. The total cost of the items I received if I was to purchase them all separately is $303.50. WOW! So far, I’m having a really great experience with this subscription.
FabFitFun does offer add-ons, just like most subscription boxes like these do. I took advantage of this and picked up a few more items I felt were of a good deal and/or I wanted.
I picked up the ZiGi & MARAiS Satin Sleep Mask and Pouch for $7 and the Spongellé Sunflower Kiss body wash infused buffer (sponge) for $7.
Let me say this sleep mask is AMAZING! It is so pillowy and it stays in place the whole night. A definite upgrade from the one I recently had from the Dollar Store which had literally fallen apart from using it so much.
This sponge/buffer is the shower sponge I mentioned earlier that I fell in love with. They say they are good for 14 washes, but mine have lasted longer. I love these because they smell great, the soap is already in them, and they really are a buffer, as they call it. You get that nice exfoliation, which is always good.
I also picked up a vegan-friendly teeth whitening kit. It hasn’t arrived yet because that one is shipping separately from the actual company who makes it. It had really good reviews (I looked it up to get outside feedback before purchasing), and it only cost me $30 when it normally is $120. That should arrive within the next week or so, so I will be getting my whitening on (just a little) when that gets here.
If you are interested in trying out the FabFitFun box, click here: Try FabFitFun with $10 off.
You get $10 off your first box (like I did), and I get a $15 credit for a future box. It’s a win-win!
Also, I forget to mention, they send some coupon cards good for things like money off one of those dinner box food delivery subscriptions and another place. (I forget what they are because I don’t care for these and I think my husband may have tossed them when we were cleaning.) We also get promo codes for 10+ brands represented in the box. These exclusive offers give anywhere from 10% – 50% off your total order from that company.
Out of all the items I received, which is your favorite?