The other day I was pleasantly surprised by a pretty pink bag that arrived in the mail. I wasn’t expecting this bag for another week, so when my husband handed it to me, I dived right in with excitement!
This pretty pink bag is none other than the Ipsy mailing bag, filled with samples. After last month’s amazing bag, which far exceeded the cost of the monthly subscription, I was eager to see what this month had in store. Would it be just as good, or at least close, or would it be an epic let down? Let’s have a look.
This month I received the following:
- JAYJUN USA Essential Calming and Brightening Sheet Mask Set (~$3 each, $6 total)
- KALEIDO COSMETICS Skin Blush in Primadonna (Full size retails for $8)
- This is a really pretty blush. It is also buildable, if you want more color. I like that it’s entirely plant based and free of a lot of the junk we don’t want in our makeup.
- KOKIE COSMETICS Be Bright Illuminating Concealer in Light (Full size retails for $8)
- I thought this provided great coverage. I have dark circle under my eyes, thanks mom, and this does just as well as my other go-to concealer. Definitely a keeper.
- ORYZA BEAUTY Nude Shimmer & Contour Eyeshadow (full size retails for $19.95)
- Honestly, when I first opened this, I thought I wasn’t going to like this. I mean, I guess I wouldn’t hate it, but it’s like all the other eye shadows I have, and when seeing everything in this bag, I would have imagined they tossed in a springy looking eyeshadow. Boy was I wrong. I decided to use everything in this month’s bag when getting ready one morning. I went crazy and used every color in this mini-pallete (except the non-glittery brown, do we call that matte?). The color in this pallete isn’t too strong, allowing for a subtle bit of color and some sparkle. It was exactly what I was envisioning for my fresh-faced spring look. I don’t know about you, but being home all day, every day has me wanting to sparkle and shine like I’m glistening on the beach.
- ESTATE COSMETICS Dew Me Baked Highlighter in Lit (full size retails for $10)
- I saw this and literally said out loud, “Joy, another highlighter.” You may remember from the March 2020 Ipsy review that I received a highlighter in that bag too. I think I’ve actually received three highlighters this year alone. One good thing about this one is that it’s a gold highlighter. I don’t have a gold one, or at least I didn’t until now. Actually, another good thing is that the sample is a good sample. It came in a great container, and is a really good amount for a sample. Honestly, I’ve seen some full-size highlighters this size, so that’s something. I’ve used this highlighter every day since receiving the bag, and I’m feeling it. It is like the one from last month, in that it doesn’t give off too much shine/sparkle, which is what I want in a highlighter.
Like I said, I did a full face look with this bag, and it was on point. That is one of my favorite things about this bag as a whole. If I needed to grab just a small bag of items to make a look, this bag would fulfill that need.
The only thing I don’t like about this month’s bag is…the bag itself. It’s supposed to be a spring theme with flowers on it, and I’m sure it fits someone’s aesthetic, but it doesn’t fit mine. Every time I look at it, I see the flower design, but I also see fairies, and I can’t get past it. As soon as I saw this bag I thought, I think this is something my daughter would like. So, with that being said, I’m planning on giving her this bag. She can use it as a pencil pouch or whatever she wants.